|Oracle Workflow Administrator's Guide|
Part Number B10283-02
To Schedule a Listener for a Local Inbound Agent
Attention: This URL accesses a secured page, so if you have not yet logged on as valid user in the current web session, you will be prompted to do so before the page appears. You must have workflow administrator privileges to access the Event Manager web pages.
Note: You can also access the Check Setup web page from the Oracle Workflow home page. See: Accessing the Oracle Workflow Home Page.
2. The Check Setup page appears, displaying the propagation settings and components for your local system.
3. Locate the agent you want in the Listeners for Local Inbound Agents region. The Check Setup page summarizes the agent name and Scheduled status for each local inbound agent.
4. If no listeners are scheduled for the agent yet, the Scheduled status for the agent is No. Choose the Create link in the Action column for that agent to create the first listener for the agent. The Edit Listener page appears, displaying the name of the selected agent.
If at least one listener is already scheduled for the agent, the Scheduled status for the agent is Yes. Choose the Edit link in the Action column for that agent to create an additional listener. The Listeners page appears, displaying a list of existing listeners for the agent. The Listeners page summarizes each Listen procedure that runs for the agent as well as the interval at which the procedure is resubmitted.
Choose the Add button. The Edit Listener page appears, displaying the name of the selected agent. You can also choose the Cancel button to return to the Check Setup page without creating a new listener.
In Edit Listener page, enter the date on which you want to start running the listener in the Run Day field. To start the listener on the current system date, leave this field blank.
Note: If you have set your user preferences to a date format that includes a time setting, then you can specify the time when you want to start the listener, as well as the date. Otherwise, you can only specify a date. See: Setting User Preferences, Oracle Workflow User's Guide.
6. In the Run Every fields, enter an interval to specify how often you want the listener to be run. You can specify the interval in days, hours, minutes, and seconds. Oracle Workflow reruns the listener indefinitely, at the interval you specify.
7. Choose the Submit button to save the listener schedule. If you are scheduling the first listener for the agent, the Check Setup page appears, displaying an updated Scheduled status. If you are scheduling an additional listener, the Listeners page appears, displaying an updated list of listeners.
You can also choose the Cancel button to return to the Check Setup page or the Listeners page without saving the listener.
Copyright © 2003 Oracle Corporation.
All rights reserved.