OCI Object Concepts
This part contains these chapters:
- Chapter 10, "OCI Object-Relational Programming", provides an introduction to object concepts and object-relational programming with OCI. Type evolution is also discussed.
- Chapter 11, "Object-Relational Datatypes in OCI", discusses object datatypes and how you can represent database objects as C structures. This chapter also describes OCI functions that map and manipulate datatypes. It covers binding and defining object-relational datatypes. The AnyType, AnyData, and AnyDataSet interfaces are presented.
- Chapter 12, "Direct Path Loading" A discussion of the direct path loading of data is presented.
- Chapter 13, "Object Advanced Topics in OCI", describes the object cache and how to navigate between objects.
- Chapter 14, "Using the Object Type Translator with OCI", discusses how the OTT is used to convert database type definitions into host language representations.