The Killam Fellowships Program provides an opportunity for exceptional undergraduate students from universities in the United States to spend either one semester or a full academic year as an exchange student in Canada. The Foundation for Educational Exchange Between Canada and the United States of America oversees this award.
This Killam fellowship assists American students with:
· $10,000 (USD) Cash Award / $5,000 (USD) per semester
· $500 (C$) Health Insurance Allowance
· $800 (C$) Mobility Grant*
· Fall Orientation in Ottawa, Ontario
*All Fellows are eligible to apply for a mobility grant in an amount not to exceed $800. The idea of the Mobility Program is to allow students to undertake an educational field trip, providing the Fellows with the opportunity to gain a fuller understanding of the culture of Canada.
· Be a citizen of the United States
· Be a full-time undergraduate student in good standing at a fully accredited degree granting college or university in the United States
· Meet the eligibility requirements of their home university (as they relate to the participation in international exchange programs)
· Be fluent in the English language (and/or French, where appropriate)
· Have a superior and competitive academic record
· Complete the application process prior to the published deadlines
Please see Killam official website for application details. Stanford students should apply through the Open Competition.If interested please check with the ORC for details.