The William Jefferson Clinton Scholarship at the American University in Dubai seeks to further the goals of the Clinton Presidential Foundation to strengthen the capacity of people in the United States and throughout the world to meet the challenges of global interdependence. In partnership with the American University in Dubai, the program will provide American students the opportunity to expand their educational and cultural horizons by studying in the Arab world.
Clinton Scholars receive a full waiver of tuition for one term, and dormitory housing at the American University of Dubai on a shared-room basis. A total of up to 10 students may be selected each semester. Scholars must carry a full load of academic credit (12-16 hours) during each semester of study and 9 credits during the summer session. If scholars fail to remain in good academic standing as defined by AUD’s academic standards or fail to adhere to the AUD code of conduct, program participation will be terminated. Board, texts, transportation and extracurricular activities are the financial responsibility of the student.
Please note that the Clinton Scholarship Program will only cover 5 courses (12 – 16 credit hours) out of the 6 required for the Certificate in Middle Eastern Studies Program, should the student wish to pursue this program.
The scholarship is only open to:
- U.S. Citizen students
- Currently enrolled as full time undergraduate degree candidates at an accredited four-year college/university in the United States
- Demonstrated exemplary academic achievement
Preference will be given to students who show interest in being exposed to the Middle Eastern and Islamic cultures for the first time.
In order to apply, a student must complete an application for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholars at The American University in Dubai. A student must complete and submit together the following for the application to be deemed complete:
* The Clinton Scholars Application Form (can be found on website; see link above);
* A 500-word personal statement addressing the qualities that distinguish the applicant for The William Jefferson Clinton Scholars Program
* One letter of recommendation: the letter should be included in the application packet in a sealed envelope
* Official copy of the applicant’s current undergraduate transcript showing that the applicant:
- is in good academic standing (i.e., 3.0 CGPA or equivalent) at the institution from which he/she is applying
- has completed or is completing one full year of study as a full-time student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university
* Resumé indicating work and leadership experience
* Written approval from his/her advisor at his/her educational institution, indicating that the applicant is eligible to study abroad and have credits earned at AUD counted towards his/her degree program
* Course Authorization Form
* Students of consent age or their legal guardian(s) must sign the Waiver and Release Form
* Disclosure of Educational Records Form
* Reservation and Enrollment Agreement
* AUD Health History Form
* 1 picture for AUD's I.D.
Please note : Student will also have to complete a phone interview with AUD’s External Relations Office to finalize the application process. Student will be contacted directly to schedule the interview.