The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is a full-year fellowship to live, study and work in Germany funded by the United States Congress and the German Bundestag. CBYX is designed to give Americans an in-depth understanding of Germany through full cultural and linguistic immersion.
CBYX is a federally funded program. The U.S. and German governments cover the following costs for all participants:
· International airfare and program-related travel costs in Germany
· Two months of intensive language training in Germany
· Housing and living expenses during language training and study semester
· University fees/tuition during four-month study phase
· Health insurance
CBYX participants are between the ages of 18 and 24, have well-defined career goals, have some prior work or internship experience in their career fields, and possess strengths such as independence, flexibility, and diplomacy Individuals in all career fields are encouraged to find out more information about the program and to apply.
Candidates for CBYX for Young Professionals must meet the following requirements:
· U.S. citizenship or permanent residence
· Between 18 and 24 years of age at the start of the program
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Clear career goals, and some relevant work or internship experience in career field
· Strong interest in German and international affairs, and a strong sense of American identity
Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are selected for the program each year. Candidates from business, vocational, scientific, engineering, technical, and agricultural fields are especially encouraged to apply. Prior German language knowledge is not required, but is strongly preferred. Previous recipients of Congress-Bundestag scholarships are not eligible for this program.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.CBYX.info . Complete applications must be received by CDS International by December 1st for the program year beginning the following July. Applicants can contact CDS with any questions by calling 212.497.3522 or by sending an email to email@example.com .
The most qualified candidates will be invited to interview for the program at locations throughout the U.S. in February. The program makes every attempt to keep travel distances to a minimum, as candidates are not reimbursed for travel expenses relating to the interviews. A final selection of the 75 participants is made in March at the discretion of CDS International.