The Center is staffed by licensed clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, and experienced interns. We are a diverse group from the standpoint of age, sex, ethnicity, foreign-language ability, and special skills. We encourage people to seek help from the counselor with whom they are most comfortable.
Rosan Gomperts, L.C.S.W., Director
- License: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW20798
- Degree: M.S.W., San Francisco State, 1994
- Professional Affiliations: National Association of Social Workers, International Association of Employee Assistance Programs in Education
- Clinical Interests: Couples, Parenting, Gay/Lesbian/Sexual-Identity Issues, Stress, Depression, Communication Skills, Management Coaching and Facilitated Conversations
- Personal Interests and Hobbies: Reading, Sports, Traveling
Steve Dolezal, Ph.D.
- License: Psychologist, PSY-14730
- Degree: Ph.D., Pacific Graduate School, 1993
- Clinical Interests: Post Traumatic Stress, Mood Disorders, Personality Disorders, Work Stress, Employment Transitions, Grief and Loss, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Perfectionism
Mary Foston-English, M.F.T., Assistant Director
- License: Marriage and Family Therapist, MFT17318; California Pupil Personnel Credential
- Certifications: CAMFT Certified Supervisor, California State Certified Mediator
- Degree: M.A., Santa Clara University, 1979
- Professional Affiliations: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, AVANTA
- Clinical Interests: Substance Abuse and Codependency, Depression, Relationship issues including pre-marital counseling, Parenting Issues, Ethnicity and Cultural Concerns, Post Traumatic Stress, Certified Mediator/Facilitated Conversations, Family counseling
- Personal Interests and Hobbies: Music, Soul Line Dancing, Basketball, Skiing, Movies
Dawn Guthart, M.F.T
- License: Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC50419
- Degree: M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Santa Clara University, 2008
- Professional Affiliations: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Interests: Couples, Interpersonal Professional Communication, Parenting, Mother/Daughter Relationships, Work/Life Balance.
- Personal Interests: Traveling, Running, Biking, Hiking, Reading, Movies
Nanja Holland Hansen, M.C., NCC
- License: Licensed therapist in Denmark
Degree: B.S., University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, M.C., Arizona State University, 2006.
Professional Affiliations: American Counseling Association
Clinical Interests: Issues concerning self-criticism and self-compassion, adolescents, self-injuring behavior, relationship issues, communication, cross-cultural issues, transitions, and eating disorders
Languages Spoken: English, Danish, understand Swedish and Norwegian
- Personal Interests and Hobbies: Biking, camping, reading, music, traveling, yoga, sports, flowers
Margaret Lim, M.F.T.
- License: Marriage and Family Therapist, MFT27925
- Degree: M.A., University of San Francisco, 1986
- Professional Affiliations: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Santa Clara Valley Chapter of CAMFT
- Clinical Interests: Anxiety, Depression, Stress Management, Relationship Problems, Body Image, Perfectionism, Narrative Therapy, Children and Adolescents
- Personal Interests and Hobbies: Hiking, Reading, Chamber Music, Knitting, Gardening, Backpacking, Tennis, Stanford Women's Basketball
Eric M. Miller, Ph.D.
- License: PSY23283
Degree: Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology; Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, B.S. in Psychology and Physics; Eastern Michigan University
- Clinical Interests LGBT issues, drug and alcohol addiction, codependency
- Personal Interests: Reading philosophy, exercising social justice, exploring spirituality, home building, and geeking out with the latest technology
Vinutha Mohan, M.F.T. Intern
- License: MFT, Registered Intern
- Degree: MA, Counseling Psychology, John.F. Kennedy University; MBA, San Jose State University
- Professional Affiliations: Member – California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Member – Silicon Valley Chapter of CAMFT, Editor, SCV-CAMFT Newsletter
- Clinical Interests: Couples, Family, Women’s Issues, Adolescents, Early Infant bonding, Parenting, Relationship issues, Work/Life balance, Spiritual Counseling, Acculturation issues, Career Management, Life Transitions, Crisis Counseling, Mindfulness based Stress Management.
- Languages: English, Hindi, Tamil
- Personal Interests: Singing, Gardening, Spiritual Exploration, Nature Hiking, Bollywood dancing, Meditation, Reading.
Sean O'Riordan, Ph.D.
- Licensed: Psychologist, PSY-17995
- Degree: BA., UC Davis. MA., University of Santa Clara. PhD., Western Graduate School of Psychology.
- Professional Affiliations: American Psychological Association, California Psychological Association, & California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists.
- Clinical Interests: Anger, Depression, Test-Anxiety, Addictions, Human Sexuality, Stress, Cultural-Relocation, Sports-Psychology, Bereavement.
- Personal Interests and Hobbies: Athletics, Japanese language, mythological stories & cultures of ancient America.
Susan Owicki, M.A., Ph.D.
- License: Marriage and Family Therapist, MFT39238
- Degree: M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Santa Clara University, 1999. Ph.D. in Computer Science, Cornell, 1975
- Professional Affiliations: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Interests: Work/life Balance, Women's Work Issues, Faculty Concerns (former EE faculty member), Couple and Family Counseling, Grief and Loss, Sexual Orientation Issues
- Personal Interests and Hobbies: Meditation, Music, Theater
Nancy N. Reitz, L.C.S.W., M.P.H.
- License: Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW18643
- Degree: M.P.H., Yale University, 1970; M.S.W., University of Maryland, 1991
- Professional Affiliations: National Association of Social Workers
- Clinical Interests: Parenting Concerns, Faculty Issues, Grief and Loss, Anxiety and Stress, Issues of Young Adulthood, Chronic Illness
- Personal Interests and Hobbies: Design and Architecture, Dogs, Modern Dance, Music
Sophie Yost, M.A.
- License: Marriage and Family Therapist, MFT47814
- Degree: M.A., Sorbonne University (France), 1996; M.A., John F. Kennedy University 2006
- Professional Affiliations: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, NCSPP, SFCP, NASAP, C.G. Jung Institute of San Francisco
- Clinical Interests: Mood Disorders, Pre-natal/Postpartum Issues, Anxiety, Work Stress, Grief/Loss, Transitions, Cultural Adjustments, Communication, Young Adulthood, Narcissism
- Languages Spoken: English, French (native speaker), German (moderately fluent)
- Personal Interests: Movies, Reading, Gardening, Swimming
Ximena Zurita, Ph.D.
- License: Psychologist, PSY15102
- Degree: M.S., Counseling, San Jose State, 1982; MS, Clinical Pyschology. Pacific Graduate School of Psychology 1990. Ph.D., Psychology. Pacific Graduate School, 1993
- Professional Affiliations: American Psychological Association, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Interests: Cross-Cultural Issues, Career and Relationship Issues, Self-defeating Behavior Patterns, Womens Issues, Parenting Concerns
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Personal Interests and Hobbies: Art and Literature, Piano, Traveling, Hiking
Margaret Pinedo (Marge), Administrative Associate
Administrative Duties: Handles client services, scheduling, statistics, and provides word processing and other administrative support to the Faculty and Staff Help Center Program Director and staff
Rita Welsh, Administrative Associate
Administrative Duties: Provides client services, enters statistical data and provides administrative support to the Faculty Staff Help Center's director and staff.
Personal interests: theater, art, reading and walking