Jan Estep, Arts and Humanities Fellow 08-09 at SiCa Presents, November 20, 2008 (Photo Credit: Alvin Chow)
SiCa Presents is a series of lunchtime presentations focused on topics in the arts at Stanford and beyond.
Upcoming SiCa Presents Events:
- There are no upcoming SiCa Presents events at this time.
Past SiCa Presents Events:
- February 28, 2011 – 12:00pm, Wallenberg Hall Learning Theater: Looking Deeper – The Chemistry of Art Materials, featuring Curt Frank, Sara Loesch-Frank, Susan Roberts-Manganelli, Ivy Nguyen
- February 14, 2011 – 12:00pm, Wallenberg Hall Learning Theater: Shona Kitchen "Technological Adaptations"
- November 29, 2010 - 12:00pm, Wallenberg Hall Learning Theater: Herbert Lachmayer "Staging Knowledge : Weimar, the Paradoxical Genius of German Enlightenment"
- November 10, 2010 - 7:00pm, Wallenberg Hall Learning Theater: Art21 "Anything Is Possible" - screening and panel with Sara Simonson, Managing Director of Art21; Jaroslaw Kapucinski, Stanford Assistant Professor of Composition and Director of Intermedia Performance Lab; and Erik Flatmo, scenic designer and Stanford lecturer in Design.
- November 1, 2010: Harry Elam: The Arts in Student Life
- October 25, 2010: Annie Cohen-Solal: Leo Castelli - A Global Gallerist Anchored in Renaissance Italy
- April 29, 2010: Trimpin, sound sculptor, engineer, inventor, musician, and MacArthur "Genius Award" winner
- February 17, 2010: Aaron Koblin, Data Visualization Artist and Technology Lead of Google's Creative Lab
- February 19, 2010: Art + Invention in San Jose with Connie Martinez, Managing Director and CEO of 1stAct Silicon Valley and Barbara Goldstein, Public Art Director for the City of San Jose Office of Cultural Affairs
- November 10, 2009: Gwyneth Lewis, National Poet of Wales & Joint SiCa/Stanford Humanities Center Fellow in the Arts and Humanities 09-10
- October 20, 2009: Danced Discourse
Featuring "Cleave," a site-specific dance duet by Diane Frank, performed by Katharine Hawthorne '10 and Sebastian Calderon Bentin (gradudate student in Drama), followed by a discussion with Diane Frank and Bryan Wolf
- May 21, 2009: David Eagleman on Synesthesia
- May 13, 2009: Troika Ranch Dance Co.
Featuring directors Dawn Stoppiello and Mark Coniglio
- April 8, 2009: Art and Acoustics
Featuring Prof. Bissera Pentcheva, Prof. John Rick, and Miriam Kolar
- February 25, 2009: Shakespeare and the Academy
Featuring Karin Coonrod, Oskar Eustis, Barry Edelman, Rema Greenwall, and Alice Rayner
- January 12, 2009: Yoko Ono, Then and Now
Featuring Gordon Chang, Mark Gonnerman, Pamela M. Lee, Peggy Phelan, Erik Ulman
- November 20, 2008: Searching for Ludwig Wittgenstein, Jan Estep
- October 14, 2008: Playsound, Sasha Leitman & Red Rover, Diane Frank
- May 2, 2008: Building the Arts - Facilities, Kären Nagy
- April 11, 2008: Strengthening the Core - The Role of the Arts in the University
Featuring Stephen Hinton, Eavan Boland, Peggy Phelan, Stephen Sano, Kris Samuelson