How to Declare
If you are considering the Urban Studies major or minor, we encourage you to come in and discuss the possibility as early as possible. Meeting with a faculty advisor or student services officer can help you understand your options, and can alert you to opportunities such as upcoming events and course offerings.
Remember, the earlier you declare, the MORE options you have to
- Participate in the life of the Urban Studies community;
- Take the courses you really want;
- Study abroad or at Stanford in Washington;
- Take time off or graduate early;
- Complete a minor, second major, or co-term.
To be placed on an email list of students considering the Urban Studies major, please email our student services officer.
If you’ve made the decision to declare Urban Studies, congratulations! Please follow these four steps:
- Declare on Axess. Please note that this declaration must be approved by the Urban Studies Program Staff, and can only be approved AFTER the remaining steps are completed.
- Make an appointment to meet with the Urban Studies Student Services Officer . She can help you select a faculty advisor, and get started on the appropriate paperwork:
- Make an appointment to meet with your advisor. Bring the appropriate declaration form to be signed. Once the form is signed, allow three to four weeks before the declaration is appproved on Axess.
- Please provide a digital photo of yourself to email@example.com and fill out our web profile survey, so that we can feature you on our bulletin board and web page. Welcome to Urban Studies!