Management Science and Engineering
Office: Terman 305
Email: feryal.erhun @ stanford.edu
- Selected Publications
- Working Papers
- Book Chapters
- Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Other Publications
1. Selected Publications
1. Erhun, F., P. Keskinocak, and S. Tayur, 2008. Dynamic Procurement, Quantity Discounts, and Supply Chain Efficiency. POMS, V. 17, N. 5, pp. 1-8.
2. Erhun, F., P. Keskinocak, and S. Tayur, 2008. Dynamic Procurement in a Capacitated Supply Chain Facing Uncertain Demand. IIE Transactions, V. 40, N. 8, pp. 733-748. On-line addendum.
"Dynamic Procurement Saves Money" Executive Summary Edited by C. Yano, IE Magazine, V. 40, N. 8, pp. 52-53, August 2008.
4. Erhun, F., P. Goncalves, J. Hopman, 2007. The Art of Managing New Product Transitions. MIT Sloan Management Review, 48, 3, 73-80, Reprint Number 48311.
5. Yazlali, O. and F. Erhun, 2007. Relating the Multiple Supply Problem to Quantity Flexibility Contracts. Operations Research Letters, V.35, N.6 (November), pp. 767-772.
6. Erhun, F. and S. Tayur, 2003. Enterprise-Wide Optimization of Total Landed Cost at a Grocery Retailer. Operations Research, V.51, N.3, pp. 343-353.
7. Erhun, F., M.S. Akturk, and A. Turkcan, 2003. Interaction of Design and Operational Parameters in Periodic Review Kanban Systems, International Journal of Production Research, V.41, N.14, 3315-3338.
8. Akturk, M.S. and F. Erhun, 1999. An Overview of Design and Operational Issues of Kanban Systems, International Journal of Production Research, V.37, N.17, pp. 3859-3881.
9. Erhun, F. 1995. A Methodology For Clustering and Group Formation in Cellular Manufacturing Systems, Endustri Muhendisligi (Industrial Engineering), V.6, N.4, pp. 3-13. (in Turkish)
2. Working Papers
1. Erhun, F. and O. Karaer , 2008. Quality Investment, Entry Deterrence, and Competition. Submitted for publication.
2. Erhun, F. and N. Privett, 2008. Efficient Funding: Auditing in the Nonprofit Sector. Submitted for publication.
3. Erhun, F., Y.T. Chung, M. Fontaine, S. Galel, W. Rogers, H. Sussmann. 2008. Managing Platelet Inventory at Stanford Blood Center. Submitted for publication.
4. Yazlali, O. and F. Erhun, 2007. Managing Demand Uncertainty with Dual Supply Contracts. Submitted for publication.
5. Yazlali, O. and F. Erhun. 2007. Dual Supply Problem with Order Bounds. Submitted for publication.
6. Kayis, E., F. Erhun, and E. Plambeck, 2007. Delegation vs. Control of Component Procurement under Asymmetric Information and Price-Only Contracts. Submitted for publication.
7. Erhun, F., O. Karaer, and H. Lee, 2008. Fostering New Technology Adoption. Working Paper.
8. Erhun, F., E. Kayis, and M. Wilkinson, 2006. Collaboration and Licensing in New Product Introductions. Working Paper.
3. Book Chapters
1.Erhun, F. and P. Keskinocak. "Collaborative Supply Chain Management," in Handbook of Production Planning. Edited by K. Kempf, P. Keskinocak, and R. Uzsoy, Kluwer International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, Kluwer Academic Publishers (To appear).
2.Deleris, L.A., and F. Erhun. "Risk Management In A Supply Network: A Case Study Based On Engineering Risk Analysis Concepts," in Handbook of Production Planning. Edited by K. Kempf, P. Keskinocak, and R. Uzsoy, Kluwer International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, Kluwer Academic Publishers (To appear).
3. Datta, S., Betts, B., Dinning, M., Erhun, F., Gibb, T., Keskinocak, P., Li, H., Li, M., and Samuels, M. 2004. "Adaptive Value Networks: Emerging Tools and Technology as Catalysts," in Evolution of Supply Chain Management: Symbiosis of Adaptive Value Networks and ICT. Edited by Y.S. Chang, H.C. Makatsoris, and H.D. Richards, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
1.Blum, K., R. Carlson, F. Erhun, and D. Rafinejad, 2008. Sustainable Production in the Chemical Industry: WACKER Sets a Good Example at its Burghausen Site.
2.Erhun, F., J. Hopman, H. Lee, M. Murphy-Hoye, and P. Rajwat, 2004. Intel Corporation: Product Transitions and Demand Generation, Global Supply Chain Management Forum Case,Stanford University.
3. Alpan-Gaujal, G., F. Erhun, and I. Karaesmen, 2004. Supply Chain Management at Johnson Controls (A): The Product Transition Challenge.
5. Refereed Conference Proceedings
1.Deleris, L.A. and F. Erhun, 2005. Risk Management in Supply Networks Using Monte-Carlo Simulation, in Proceedings of the 2005 Winter Simulation Conference. Edited by M. E. Kuhl, N. M. Steiger, F. B. Armstrong, and J. A. Joines.
6. Other Publications
1.Erhun, F., 2005. Moving from Risks to Opportunities: A Process to Manage New Product Transitions, The Supply Chain Connection, Newsletter of the Stanford Global Supply Chain Management Forum, V.11, N.4, pp. 6-8.
1.F. Erhun. Essays on Procurement: Strategic Interactions and Tactical Planning. PhD Dissertation, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 2002.
2.F. Erhun. Design and Scheduling of the Periodic Review Kanban Systems. Masters Thesis, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey, 1997.