Graduate Admissions for Current Stanford Undergraduate Students
Please submit your completed application to Juanita Winkleman in the Huang Engineering Center, Suite 141, no later than 5pm on January 13, 2015. We have an early review for all completed coterminal applications received by 5pm on October 7, 2014. Applications are not reviewed between April and November.
You should include:
- THE APPLICATION FORM (pdf):
- Undergraduate Program: Please get your undergraduate department's signature.
- Signature: Please sign and date the application form.
- PROGRAM PROPOSAL, instead of the Preliminary Program Proposal sheet included in some coterm applications, please complete the MS&E Masters Program Proposal (excel) . List the courses you think you'd like to take for the degree; we understand that they may change. You will be able to make revisions to this form in your final quarter as a master student.
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION, from Stanford faculty members. You should get your strongest two letters of recommendation, from faculty who know your abilities well.
- OFFICIAL GRE
SCORES Please submit a photocopy of your GRE scores as soon as you receive them. This will significantly assist us in preliminary review. Only the GRE general test is required.
Please be sure to list Stanford as a "Score Recipient", as we will not receive them if you just send them to your "Undergraduate Institution".
- COTERMINAL COURSE TRANSFER FORM, to use courses taken in the current or prior quarter toward the master degree. These courses may not be satisfying any undergraduate requirements, including GER and unit requirements. Upon admission, the Registrar's Office will move the courses from your undergraduate career to your graduate career.
Decisions will be made by mid-March. We will review completed early applications in November and December, but in some cases, we will need to review the whole application pool to determine which are the top applicants.