1. Why should I register?
Don't miss the opportunity to register and enjoy activities designed for Parents' Weekend. Only those who register and pick up their registration materials will have access to the many Parents' Weekend events around campus. Be sure to wear your name badge included in your registration materials. It's your key to all the Parents' Weekend acitivities. Online registration closed on Thursday, January 31, 2013. You may register on-site when you arrive at the Parents' Weekend Check-In and Information Center located inside the Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center.
2. Is there a registration fee? What is the refund and cancellation policy?
There is no registration fee for Parents' Weekend. If you must cancel your registration after it has been confirmed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-725-2787. Please note there is a fee for the Entertainment Extravaganza! tickets. Once purchased, there are no refunds for Entertainment Extravaganza! tickets.
3. How do I get to Stanford and where should I stay?
Stanford is roughly equidistant from the San Jose and San Francisco airports. Both airports offer a variety of ground transportation options, including shuttle service to campus and Palo Alto. More information, including driving directions to campus can be found on the Getting Around section of this website. You may also visit the Stanford Visitor Information website to plan your visit. It includes information on airports and lodging.
4. Where should I park?
Parking for Parents' Weekend is at Galvez Lot, located at the corner of Galvez Street and Campus Drive. It is a short distance from the Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center, headquarters for check-in and information for Parents' Weekend. For directions, please visit the Getting Around section of this website. You may also visit the Stanford Visitor Information website with maps and directions.
5. What should I bring/attire?
• Please bring directions to Parents' Weekend parking at Galvez Lot. Signs will be posted, but these directions will make it easier to locate Galvez Lot.
• All events are informal. Please keep in mind that the campus is large and spread out, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
• Most events are accessible on foot.
• The Bay Area can often be rainy in February. Be sure to bring an umbrella. There will be no change in the schedule or location of events due to rain.
6. What should I do when I arrive?
Your first stop should be at the Parents’ Weekend Check-In and Information Center located inside the Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center. You can check in and pick up your registration materials and information about Parents' Weekend activities. Be sure to wear your name badge included in your registration materials. It's your key to all the Parents' Weekend acitivities. Check-in hours are:
• Friday, February 22, 8:30 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
• Saturday, February 23, 9:30 a.m.—2:00 p.m.
7. How do I sign up for a class or a tour?
You must first register online for Parents' Weekend to gain access to all the activities and events during Parents' Weekend. Registration ensures that you will receive a name badge and important event and venue information when you arrive. Be sure to wear your name badge included in your registration materials. Most activities, including classes, tours, and open house tours, are open on a first-come, first-served basis on the day of the class or tour. Be sure to arrive early to secure a spot in a class or a tour. Visit the class schedule, the tour schedule, or the open house tour schedule to view the list of classes and tours that are offered. The locations of the classes will be listed in the printed program included in your registration materials.
8. How do I receive my Entertainment Extravaganza! tickets that I purchased online?
If you purchased your tickets online, they will be in your registration packet when you check in. If you have any questions or would like to purchase additional tickets, please contact the Stanford Ticket Office at email@example.com or (650) 725-2787.
9. How do I arrange for disability-related accommodations?
If you need a disability-related accommodation or wheelchair access information, please contact the Diversity & Access office by February 8, 2013. Call (650) 725-0326 or (650) 723-1216 TTY, or email
11. Who do I contact if I have a question?
For general questions regarding the weekend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Parents’ Weekend information line at (650) 736-9018.
For questions regarding online registration, please email email@example.com or call 650-725-2787.