Purchasing Prescription Safety Glasses
Per Department discretion, employees may obtain prescription safety glasses from Stanford University designated vendors.
For department-wide or large group orders:
- Department administrator contacts John Clark of Essilor at (800) 328-4912 x 2039 to set the Department's desired contribution level for employee orders and schedule an optician to come onsite.
- Essilor provides an Authorization / Order Form for employees to complete and bring to appointments with the Essilor optician.
- Employees bring their current prescriptions to the Essilor optician.
- Inform Employees that they will need to cover any costs of glasses above the set Department contribution amount (where established).
For individual orders:
- Employee makes an appointment with offsite vendor listed on the 3M-provider website: http://www.aosafetysrx.com/
(Click on "Eye Care Professional Locator" on top right corner).
- Employee brings completed "Prescription Eyewear - Order Form" available at hhttp://www.aearo.com/aosafetysrx.com/2012%20SSOL%20FORM.pdf to the vendor.
- Employee must bring his/her current prescription to vendor.
- Employee is responsible for full payment to vendor, and may submit a Request for Reimbursement up to the contribution amount set by the Department.
For any questions, contact EH&S- Industrial Hygiene/ Safety Program at 723-0448.