- Instructions for Indoor Events
- Assign an on-site person and alternates that will call 9-911
(or 911 from non- SU phones) in the event of an emergency.
Provide these names to SUFMO.
- Assign an on-site person, and alternates, to supervise evacuation
of the building, pulling fire alarms, etc., in the event of
a fire. Provide these names to SUFMO.
- If required by the SUFMO, provide on-site emergency power
- Do not exceed the Maximum Allowable Occupant Load numbers
that are posted inside the assembly area.
- Make sure all exits are maintained clear and unobstructed
at all times during the events.
- Decorations shall be either non-combustible or treated with
a fire-retardant solution. The fire-retardant solution available
from SUFMO. Only fresh-cut foliage (cut on the day of the
event) may be used in decorations.
- Decorations shall not obstruct exits or fire protection
equipment; including fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers,
fire alarm pull stations, fire hose stations, or emergency
lighting and exit signs.
- No smoke machines may be used for special effects unless
approved by SUFMO in advance.
- Extension cords, used in accordance with the fire code,
shall be properly taped to the ground to reduce tripping hazards.
- Instructions for Outdoor Events
- Provide site plan to SUFMO indicating locations of tents
and canopies, propane heaters, booths, etc., to verify that
proper clearances and Fire Dept. access is maintained.
- Rented tents and canopies shall have permits, which are
obtained by the rental companies from the Santa Clara County
Fire Marshal's Office (SCCFMO) if the tent is larger than
200 square feet, or if the canopy is larger than 400 square
feet. Duplicate copies of the permit application shall be
forwarded to SUFMO.
- Assign an on-site person, and alternates, to call 9-911
(or 911 from non-SU phones) in the event of an emergency.
Provide names to SUFMO.
- Provide fire extinguishers throughout the site. Consult
with SUFMO for the number and locations of these fire extinguishers
- Portable Cooking Booths:
- shall be located a minimum of 20 feet from any permanent
- maintain a minimum of 10 feet of separation between
cooking booths and non-cooking booths.
- cooking booth vendors shall provide a portable fire
extinguisher for each cooking booth.
- charcoal barbecue cooking shall be located a minimum
of 10 feet from any booth and a minimum of 15 feet from
any permanent structure.
- charcoal barbecue cooking is prohibited inside of any