The DLCL has moved to a new website: dlcl.stanford.edu.
The Focal Group on Humanities Education explores issues concerning teaching and learning in the humanities, including research on student learning, innovation in pedagogy, the role of new technologies in humanities instruction, and professional issues for humanities teachers at all educational levels.
This year (2013-14), the HEFG is pleased to announce a series on the Public Humanities, in conjunction with the DLCL, the Humanities Center, and the Office of Community Engagement.
- How do we conceptualize and frame service in the humanities?
- How can it become a more integrated part of our lives as humanists?
- How might understanding teaching and research as service affect the sort of work that we do?
Please see "The Public Humanities Series" page below for our Calendar!
- Departments & Centers
- Comparative Literature
- French and Italian
- German Studies
- Iberian and Latin American Cultures
- Slavic Languages and Literatures
- BiblioTech Program
- Center for Medieval and Early Modern Studies
- Stanford Language Center
- Prospective Students