First year JLCCB Winter Quarter
The first year JLCCB track (j7b, j8b and J9b) is designed to teach basic skills necessary for successful
communication both spoken and written. Students will master basic vocabulary and grammar, and develop all four
language skills and cultural awareness essential for communication.
Goals for thisquarter:
You will be working toward improving your Japanese in the following areas:
- Quantity : Engage in conversation, read and write a little longer on familiar topics
with a little more confidence
- Quality: Carry on coverstaions and write using more sophisticated grammar patterns
(comlex sentence structures) (ie. to express how one feels about what he/she
- More Functions:
- State opinions, desires, and conjectures
- Describe people, places, and things
more in detail by modifying a noun with a sentence
- Make Comparisons
- Speak in the explanatory mode or the chatting mode instead of the "fact-finding" mode.
- Offer advice and suggestions
- Describe abilities and talents
- Describe your physical conditions.
- Carry on a short , simple
conversation in the casual style
Click here to find out more about the 1st year JLCCB track