E140A Home |
Term Project |
MFP Forum |
- Session 2
MFP Job Search
This class period will be devoted to discussing the job search process. We will be joined
by some MFP alumni who will share their advice and insights into the
on Required Readings.)
- Tech Ventures 4th Ed. Part 1 (Highlights only)
- Employer Database
for Employers Interested in Participating in MFP
- Information about the Job Search for
- Job Search FAQ's
Seven Habits of MFP Job Search Etiquette
- Watch the following short video clip:
on Study Questions.)
- After reading through the Information for Employers, is there any information
that you think is missing from this page? Imagine you were an employee at
a startup. What information would you want to see on this page?
- Peruse the listing of previous
companies and the database
listing mentor companies interested in hiring Fellows for the summer.
Are there types of companies that you would like to see more of?
- What questions do you have that were not answered by the web pages? Bring
these questions to class and be prepared to ask questions of the past Mayfield
Login into the MFP Forum. Under the session assignment topic answer the following questions:
1) The industry or industries that interest you.
2) Job positions you would like to consider
3) Any companies that you have already identified as potential mentor companies.
4) On the following scale, how far along are you in the job search?
1: Haven't started the search
2: Have identified companies of interest
3: Have contacted companies of interest
4: Have had a few interviews
5: Have had several interviews
6: Have a job offer
7: Have accepted a job!