CS101 - Introduction to Computing Principles
This page is for the live lecture class at Stanford. You might also be interested in the MOOC on coursera at cs101-class.org, and for high schools or other small classes to use in an ad-hoc way, the materials are freely available at introcomputing.org.
Lectures and Exercises
- Office hours -- we have lots of hours in case you get stuck
- Homework Due date hours: 4:00-7:00 pm 2nd floor Meyer, the day the hw is due (Mon typically)
- Nick P's hours: chat immediately after lecture, then Gates 189 2:30-4:30 Tu/Thu
- Rafael: Mon 9:00am - 11:00am @ Meyer 2nd floor
- Nick I: Mon 1:00pm - 3:00pm @ Huang Basement
- David: Wed 2:20pm - 4:20pm @ Meyer 2nd floor
- Rose: Fri 1:30pm - 3:30pm @ Huang Basement
- Other Links
- Our CourseWork site -- we just use this for assignment turn-in and storing grades
- email email@example.com -- email a question to the staff
- RGB Explorer
- Image Functions Reference
- Ars Technica example: typical hack of passwords from site. You would expect 50-90% of these passwords to get cracked, so it's important the drupal users did not re-use those passwords somewhere important.